So I thought, after my awesome Mum gave me the idea, of writing a post about 100 and how it relates to different things - although I'd love to manage 100, I think I'll keep it to ten!
- 100 $1 coins will weigh only 800 grams.
- A person can receive a letter from the Queen once they reach their 100th birthday.
- In French, "One Hundred" is known as "cent" - might pay to be careful when talking money in France!
- One Hundred years is a Century, but Century is also a well known term in Cricket - 100 runs in a single innings.
- You can expect a sneeze to exceed speeds of 100mph
- The first 10 odd numbers add up to 100.
- (Almost) 100 years ago, Mrs. Chippy died - a cat. A well known (found male) sailing cat, adored by a carpenter, Harry McNish on the Endurance ship - set for Antarctica. When the ship was destroyed, Mrs. Chippy was shot, as a "weak member" not needed in the crew. McNish was so disgusted with this and he made it known to his crew - in later years he did not receive a "Polar Medal" like the rest of the crew at the time, due to this disagreement. However when he died, a life size bronze statue of Mrs. Chippy was placed on his grave by the NZ Antarctic Society.
- The Roman Numeral of one hundred is - C
- Our New Zealand $100 note has Earnest Rutherford of Nelson - who discovered the Atom.
|10. Only 100 days until our Kiwi summer "officially" begins again!!|
Ok so this is perhaps not the best tribute to 100 posts that I could manage, but when I realised it was only 100 days until summer, I thought that was pretty significant! I'm pretty sure most of these facts are true, but they were found on the internet - and everything found on the internet is definitely true, right?! ;)
100 posts on here may be a milestone, but by now I couldn't imagine how many blog posts I've actually made - when thinking back to previous school years. Although I'm pretty lucky to still have my old school mates as blogging friends - where would I be without you lot huh??